The School Leadership Team (SLT) is a group of people who develop educational policies for their school. They also make sure there are resources to support those policies.
• Provide ongoing evaluations of a school’s educational programs and their impact on student
• Play an important role in school-based decision-making
• Help to make school cultures more collaborative.
There are three members of the school community who must be members of the SLT:
• Parent Association/Parent-Teacher Association President
• United Federation of Teachers Chapter Leader
An SLT is responsible for developing a school’s Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP).
An SLT makes a yearly evaluation of the principal’s record of developing an effective, shared decision-making relationship with the SLT members during the year. This evaluation is given to the community district or high school superintendent.
The SLT is not responsible for the hiring or firing of school staff. However, according to Chancellor’s Regulation C-30, the SLT must be consulted prior to the appointment of a principal or assistant principal.
To view current members, minutes, and meeting dates, please click the link above for the SLT page on the PS333.org website.
Being a class parent is a fulfilling way to actively participate throughout the school year helping support our classroom teachers and connecting families to the MSC community.
If you are interested in serving as a class parent email: firstname.lastname@example.org